Sometimes the best art is made from anything but art supplies. At Lux we love using recycled materials and found objects in our student art projects. So please, save your trash for us!
Here is a list of items we collect:
- Wallpaper sample books, other design samples as well
- Old maps
- cereal boxes (flattened please)
- Wine corks, bottle caps, bread ties.
- Artificial flowers, leaves, fruit
- Old jewelry, fancy hats (men’s and women’s), scarves
- Ribbon, wire, string
- Blue Prints- Architects, engineers
- Medical Flip-Off colorful tops
- Small game and toy parts, cards, bingo and poker chips, dominos, scrabble letters
- Children’s books
- Plastic bins or containers-small or large, preferably with the lid
- Old digital cameras- in working condition
- Trunk or toy chest
- Unused art supplies
- Paper plates, plastic cups, plastic knives
- Printer/Copier Paper, with at least one side free (white)
Artist Kim Abeles' art materials, collected from the beach in Santa Monica, following a major rainstorm.
You can drop off your clean, sorted supplies to Lux anytime. Email email@example.com with any questions. Thanks for your help!